Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Organize your Stuff (round 6): Week 1: WOYWW #171

Week 1 prompt and link here.

Today is Wednesday, which means that we are half way through Week 1 of Organizing our Stuff, and it is also time to show off What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday. Where wonderful folks from around the world show off the neat, the tidy, the cluttered and the creative… We love them all, and are glad as always to be hostessed by the Fabulous Julia at the Stamping Ground.

Here is our desk today:

It is cluttered as usual, but as we are mid-crafty, Creative Me has not gotten to tidying up yet. …yeah… that’s it…

This is the card that Creative Me made using the scraps from our Monday layout, and detritus that PA Me missed when it was her turn in the rotation to clean up. Yes, those are photo scraps behind the words!  It was inspired, by of all things our DVR'd episode of FaceOff where they had to design makeup for Alice in Wonderland characters infected with Resident Evil Zombie viruses...seriously.

When we stop to think about our scrap space, OCD Me has decided that she loves the ink and Copic storage (even if Creative Me and the Inner Hoarder would LOVE more). The scrap storage is working pretty well too.

However, the general clutter, and yes…*sigh* the volume of memorabilia is just TOO MUCH! We are not going to fit another desk in here, so we need to clear off some real estate…stat!... before Creative Me dies a slow death from under use… we’re not dead yet!

(***The POW’s warning: the rest is family stuff…and lots of American football pictures. Scroll to the end if just here for the desk.***)

Well, here is another picture of our favorite Patriot, Fabulous Spouse. A day after the September 11th Anniversary, we can tell you that WE will never forget, as we feel officially trifecta-ed with Fabulous Spouse on deployment in his submarine for the original September 11th, a trip to Iraq for the Surge, and now a trip to Afghanistan… and not even any frequent flier miles to show for it! Here is to supporting The Front!

At the Homefront… we are living the American dream…er, pastime… football! Oldest Child had his first High School Varsity home game…where he played his trombone in the Pep Band.

Girl Friday and Illusive Middle Child had practice during the first half, but the good thing about a home game is that we just had to get our hand stamped and pick them up from the back fields and walk them in during halftime!
We even got our pic snapped by the field photographer! (We are in the green shirt to the left of  the mom in the #12)

The next day, the field belonged to the Little Guys, as it was Junior League Football time. Girl Friday cheered for both the 1st/2nd Grade Team, and the 3rd/4th Grade Team (her brother’s team).
Illusive Middle Child was channeling his Inner All-Star, as he was a Team Captain and started Offense and Defense. The score was 42-6, and he only got a rest when they had to kick-off after the goals and when they finally put in the second string.

Then, it was Freshman Football time. It is the second game of the season, but it is the first one for which Oldest Child was eligible (he broke his ankle the second day of football camp back in July). With Illusive Middle Child as the ball boy...
and Oldest Child on the Offensive Line (2 series in the 3rd quarter and 1 in the 4th), they too got a win…14-6!

So, if you are keeping score…

Oldest Child:2 games, 4 practices
Illusive Middle Child: 2 games, 3 practices
Girl Friday: 2 games, 3 practices
…oh, and we had Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, church (actually, we missed church this week *blush*), and oh yeah…school is in session!

Happy Hopping!

19 comments:

Emily said...

Love seeing your desk and finding out which 'me' is in residence.

From one Forces spouse (UK) to another I offer my utmost respect to you and your husband.

Hugs
EMily #104

CraftygasheadZo said...

Sounds busy, great pics as always. Take care Zo xx 109

Mary Pat Siehl said...

cute cute card!

Mary Jo said...

I love Alice in Wonderland, and I love your card!! :)

Eliza said...

I wish your hubby well on his journey, my prayers are with him at this time. You have such beautiful children and wow such an active family, loved the photos of them and yes the desk too, such a perfect place to create.

Eliza #93
Happy crafting and safe travels.

Barbara said...

that card is so adorable!

Danielle said...

Adorable card! I love how your "personalities" talk to each other. dani #16

laura said...

Your card is cute. You sound very busy I remember those days with both children in sports and I was coaching cheerleading too.

Cath Davidson said...

Loving your desk :) and that card, I have that Stamp too, I love my Alice stamps :)

Happy WOYWW

Cath#147

BJ said...

Thanks for stopping by. Nice card of the White Rabbit. BJ#100

Nicole K/GothamGal said...

Awww, what a busy week! I love that you have everything on your desk--I have the white rabbit stamp and have always wondered how best to use it.
Thanks for sharing--sounds like you were REALLY busy.

scrappymo! said...

Yopur card is just great!
Glad to hear your husband is keeping well over there.

trisha too said...

What a great post, so much to be proud of and thankful for! Thank you for stopping by this week, and
Happy WOYWW!
:)trisha, #144

Julia Dunnit said...

There does come a time, when the only answer is a clear up and clear out. Good luck with that. Loving the smile on your oldest boy's sweet face, he looks proud. And again, not sure how you do it all.!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I need to organize my stuff badly! Wait, that is a lousy sentence. It is badly organized now. I need to organize my stuff STAT! How's that? Often visiting desks for WOYWW drives that point home but so far none of you have convinced me to change my mind that fire is the answer. Luckily, I'm too busy this week to play with matches. I think the desk is looking pretty good. I think like me you have more stuff than storage bins and storage areas.

Unknown said...

Looks like your organization is coming along nicely! And what a fun card! Great family pics, too! Happy WOYWW and thanks for visiting my space!
Carol N #130

My name is Cindy said...

Wow you'r so busy when do you find time to craft! I have just read your little piece in the sidebar - I think we must be kindred spirits because all those peeps arein my head too... esp PA me which is why I am still deskhopping on Saturday. Thanks for popping by!

gale said...

What a cute card. Love that bunny-he looks so serious. lol. Great pictures-and gratitude (and prayers) to your husband for his service.

JB said...

Thank you for your recent woyww trip comment. I love looking at other's desks. Yours looks v. busy and I approve of the pepsi too. I am defo. a pepsi person! Jane #132